Buying a car can be a stressful process, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips for making your buying experience go smoothly so you can get the best car for your money.
1. Set your budget. You can apply for financing pre-approval to get an idea of what monthly payment and total price you can afford. Be sure to figure in the cost of car insurance into your budget. Coming to the dealership with a budget in mind will help you and your salesperson find a car that works for you.
2. Determine your priorities. Are you looking for a great safety rating? Good gas mileage? Do you want a sleek, sporty look, affordable luxury, or a reliable family car? Decide what features are important to you and let your salesperson know what you’re looking for. They’ll be able to serve you better if you are clear about what you want.
3. Do your research. If you have a specific model in mind, gather information online. Used car buyers often have an advantage, because there are more reviews available of pre-owned models. Read a mix of manufacturer information and reviews from car owners to get a variety of opinions about the quality, safety, and performance of your desired vehicle.
4. Know your numbers. Be sure to compare prices, and know the market value of your trade-in vehicle. Keep in mind, factors like the condition of the car and special features can make prices vary.
5. Don’t be afraid to negotiate. If the sticker price is too high for your budget, don’t let that put you off buying your dream car. Ask your salesman for a lower price. Often you can come to an agreement that both parties can be happy with.
For a great selection of pre-owned cars and trucks, vist our website at www.buyfromhertz.com.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for more helpful tips and fun car-culture posts.